Destinator 9 includes a host of new features and functions:
- NavStripTM – A unique UI feature that enables one-click access to key navigation functions such as address entry, route, and search. Destinator 9’s NavStrip provides the quickest path to navigation with the fewest clicks
- Sidebar – Destinator 9 incorporates a new visual navigation aid while in landscape mode. At the user’s option, the SideBar is displayed side-by-side with the map to provide upcoming maneuvers, speed, trip time, and distance.
- Gesture Recognition – With Destinator 9, users can swipe, pan, and kinetically scroll through maps with the flick of a finger.
- New Map Views – Realistic horizon, sky, and road signs, map rendering with anti-aliasing technology and optional satellite views provide for a more visually satisfying experience.
- Dial a POI – Calling any Point of Interest (POI) or businesses directly from the screen is easier than ever before. Clicking a POI in navigation mode brings up its address and phone number (if available) and a single tap on the number initiates the call.
- Local Search – Destinator 9 leverages the most popular online search engines to support local searches and display the corresponding results on the map. A single additional tap brings up directions.
- StickyPOITM – Clicking the new StickyPOI icon on the NavStrip opens a menu of popular categories. Tapping on a category, such as hotels or restaurants, automatically displays the nearby POIs on the map. One more click brings up directions.
- Tap N Go™ – Navigate to any map location with just two taps of the finger from Destinator 9’s proprietary Tap N Go popup menu.
- Save N Send™ – Quickly save and retrieve locations on the map and share them with friends and colleagues via text messaging services.
- OTA – Over-the-air updates make it easier for carriers to roll out additional features and location-based services (LBS) such as real-time traffic, travel guides, cheapest gas, and parking space availability.
- Try & Buy – Support for “try & buy” allows consumers to purchase the Destinator 9 software after a trial period of use.
In addition to the new features listed above, the audio/visual turn-by-turn navigation features of earlier versions which have made Destinator so popular in the marketplace remain intact. These include on-screen speed limit indicator with audible warning; broad geographic map coverage with current maps from multiple sources; optional visual lane guidance to eliminate confusion at complicated interchanges; optional safety camera support; and support for all major languages.
Destinator is an on-board navigation software solution, enabling the user to have superior navigation in areas of poor cellular coverage. With maps and POI data stored on a memory card, on-device storage is preserved for your personal content. Leveraging the power of a connected device, Destinator software can be periodically updated via a download over the Internet while local search and POI data can leverage an off-board content server for additional services. Benefits of this approach include higher map rendering performance, greater reliability and a significant cost savings for carriers and consumers. Map display is instantly and readily available on device memory, with no latency except for CPU processing power.