“With TomTom for iPhone, millions of iPhone users can now benefit from the same easy-to-use and intuitive interface, turn-by-turn spoken navigation and unique routing technology that our 30 million portable navigation device users rely on every day,” said Corinne Vigreux, Managing Director of TomTom. “As the world’s leading provider of navigation solutions and digital maps, TomTom is the most natural fit for an advanced navigation application on the iPhone.”
The TomTom app for iPhone 3G and 3GS users includes a continental European map or a map of a specific country or region in Europe from Tele Atlas. They are available to download through http://www.tomtom.com/tomtom-app from 69.99 euro.
TomTom app for iPhone key features
TomTom app for iPhone includes the exclusive IQ Routes™ technology. Instead of using travel time assumptions, IQ Routes bases its routes on the actual experience of millions of TomTom drivers to calculate the fastest route and generate the most accurate arrival times in the industry. TomTom IQ Routes empowers drivers to reach their destination faster up to 35% of the time.
Furthermore, the TomTom app for iPhone comes with an extensive safety camera database including verified safety camera information in 11 European countries². This means drivers are informed ahead of time about any safety cameras on their route, encouraging road safety, while saving money on fines at the same time.
Additional TomTom app for iPhone features include:
Best routing and maps
- Navigation software including fast route planning and clear voice instructions
- Automatic re-routing if a turn is missed
- Route demo or map of route when trip planning
- Latest Tele Atlas maps of the US, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand
Easy to use and personalize
- User interface fully optimized with iPhone.
- Multiple display options including landscape and portrait navigation view
- Night and day color mode for optimized screen visibility in varying light conditions
- User interface available in 18 languages
- Change view settings (2D or 3D map display)
- Easy to download from iTunes App Store
Complete phone and map integration
- Multi-touch gestures such as tap, swipe, pinch and zoom to operate the application and zoom in and out of the map
- Navigation to contacts in address book
- Points-of-interest search and call capabilities from iPhone